Thursday, September 20, 2012

Value Portrait(:


1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
First, we picked someone elses picture. Then we held the pictures up to the light to get all the shapes out of the portrait and we traced them. After we did that, we started shading them in basied on the values of the picture.
 
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
I found different values in the portrait by loking at the picture and wherever it was dark I used my value chart and held it to my paper can shadded it dark. I did the same for the lighter values. The value chart helped showed what I should shade all the different shapes in the portrait.

3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
Yes, because the sun was shining and when it hit one side of her face it made some of the values dark and some of the values light. Therfore, I had to shade some of the shapes dark than the others. Also, in her hair the values were darker because her hair is a darker color.
4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
Mine wasn't very neat because I shadded to dark to fast, but I think it looked pretty good. I also could have shadded neater and not go as fast. if I took more time I could have made it loko better and not as dark. I also should have used the value chart more and payed more attention to how much pressure i put on my pencil.
5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.The shading I had difficulty with. I shadded to dark to fast. It was hard to get the values from the picture to match the drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment